Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is from the Hungry Girl Cookbook. It is much more filling than plain oatmeal.
- 1⁄2 cup regular oats (not instant)
- 3 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free maple syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 g low calorie sweetener
- 1 dash salt
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a small pot (use less water for thicker oatmeal, and more water for thinner oatmeal).
- Add oats and reduce heat to medium. Stirring occasionally, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add pumpkin, maple syrup, cinnamon, sweetener and salt to the pot and stir. Spoon into a bowl and enjoy.
- Makes 1 serving.
Love the addition of pumpkin for extra fiber and taste! FYI, there is no such thing as sugar free maple syrup. Maple syrup = sugar. She is probably referring to pancake syrup, which is synthetic.
This is a delicious recipe. Quick and easy, too. Not to mention... healthy. I found that with the syrup that I did not need the Splenda, and will probably leave it out next time. Some chopped nuts, or dried fruit would just take this over the top! Thanks for a great recipe.