Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy and simple but so good. We even chose to slice this in bite-sized form to serve post-ceremony at our outdoor wedding along with other finger foods before dinner. These were the first to go!
- 1 large loaf crusty Italian bread
- 5 -7 slices smoked prosciutto (I prefer Trader Joe's)
- 2⁄3 cup freshly grated asiago cheese
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- All of these ingredients can be adjusted to your liking, just be sure not to skimp on the quality of the ingredients!
- Slice loaf of bread lengthwise. Drizzle generously both sides of the bread with olive oil. Place slices of Prosciutto, staggered, on the bottom portion of the bread. Grate cheese and sprinkle on top portion of bread. Shake dried oregano and parsley on top of cheese. Fold together both portions of bread and wrap in foil or shrink wrap. Place brick or books on top, press and let sit at room temperature for one hour.
- These sandwiches can be made up to 24 hours in advance, just make as instructed including the 1 hour room temperature directions. You can then place in the refrigerator overnight, just be sure to let sit until room temperature for serving purposes.
- These are great for a picnic served with some Lambrusco!
Delicious sandwich!! I stirred the dried parsley and oregano into the olive oil, then spread on the bread. Seemed easier to me. Also pulled leftovers out of the fridge and nuked 'em briefly. YUM!