Recipe by angelfan
To be different with this use sweet potatoes and sprinkle with nutmeg or cinnamon. These remind me of the frozen twice-baked potatoes we get.
Top Review by Junebug
This is an easy to follow recipe which uses ingredients I always have on hand. The end result was a very pretty and showy dish. I think that next time I make them I would add more flavor, maybe garlic, green onion, parmesan cheese or bacon. Thanks for sharing your recipe angelfan!
- 4 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces
- 2⁄3-1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- heat 2 cups water in saucepan till boiling, add potatoes, cover and cook until tender.
- Drain and mash potatoes until no lumps remain.
- Beat in milk, amount of milk needed to make fluffy depends on type of potatoes used.
- Add 1/2 cup butter,and salt and pepper.
- Beat until light and fluffy, add eggs mix until well blended.
- Drop potatoes by spoonfulls into mounds on greased cookie sheet.
- brush with melted butter, bake 15 min at 425 until lightly browned.