1/2 Photos of Fancy Pants Burger
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
Ground meat of your choosing, cheese and tomato sauce but fixed up 'fancy'. My grandma use to make this for me when I was a child. Kid friendly, easy and good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Form 8 patties from the ground meat. I usually use ground chicken breast or lean ground sirloin. Ground turkey is ok but it is going to be very soft so you may want to add some bread crumbs to firm it up- A mix of ground meats works well too.
- 2Place cheese in the center of 4 of the patties.
- 3Top each cheese topped patty with a non cheese topped patty and pinch edges to seal all the cheese inside.
- 4In a hot non stick pan add 1 tsp of salt- this will keep the grease from settling in the burgers- Gramma trick!
- 5Fry the patties on each side until browned and cooked through.
- 6Remove patties and keep them warm on a paper towel lined plated.
- 7Drain grease from pan and add tomato sauce and brown sugar.
- 8Cook until sugar is dissolved and sauce is warm. Add salt and pepper to taste- can also add some garlic and onion powder as well- to taste.
- 9Return the patties to the pan with the warm sauce turning once to coat.
- 10Spoon sauce on top of each patty when serving.
- 11When you cut into the patty the cheese will melt out! YUM.
- 12NOTE: Try other 'stuffings' inside these fancy burgers. Great way to sneak veggies in as well! Try adding some diced mushrooms, green peppers, broccoli, carrot, etc -- aqnd use as much or as little cheese as you like --.
- 13Experiment! Try pizza sauce/ mozzarella.
- 14spaghetti sauce/parmesan.
- 15tomato soup/monterey jack.
- 16mushroom soup/smoked gouda.
- 17the possibilities are endless- Have fun!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fancy Pants Burger
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.3
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 18.0 mg
- Sodium 573.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lean ground meat