Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Serve with Roasted Pork and fresh steamed green beans. I found this recipe at Tops market courtesy of Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting this for safe keeping.
- 6 sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed (or 6 - 15oz, drained cans)
- 1 cup canned crushed pineapple
- 3⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 10 marshmallows
- Place sweet potatoes in a bowl. Add pineapple, juice, butter and spices; blend together. Mix in nuts and pour into oiled baking dish.
- Top with marshmallows and bake for about 40 minutes at 350.