From Rachel Ray Magazine (published in the March 2009 edition). Love manchego cheese, this should be a good combination.
My Private Note
pasta d ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb cavatappi pasta (hollow corkscrew) or 1 lb other short- cut pasta
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1/2 lb raw chorizo sausage, casting dicarded, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup whole milk or 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 cups shredded manchego cheese
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed1/4 cup chopped jarred pimiento peppers
- 1/2 cup coarsley chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1Bring a large pot of water to boil, salt it. Add the pasta and cook until aldente. Drain.
- 2While the pasta is working, in a large skillet, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat. Add the chorizo and cook until crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- 3In a medium saucepan, over medium heat add the shallots and garlic and cook until tender about 5 minutes. Whisk in the flour and whisk in the sherry. Stir in the chicken broth andmilk and cook until thickened; season with pepper. Stir in the cheese. Fold in the peas and pimientos.
- 4Drain the pasta, toss with sauce and top with chorizo and parsely.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fancy Manchego Mac and Cheese With Chorizo
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 650.8
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 52.6 mg
- Sodium 715.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 24.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: