Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
If you are tired of peanuts, give this a shot 8)
Make and share this Fancy Macadamia Nut Brittle recipe from Food.com.
- Butter 2 cookie sheets and put them in warmed oven.
- Combine the sugar, corn syrup and water in saucepan.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the soft ball stage (240° on candy thermometer).
- Stir in the macadamia nuts and the butter.
- Cook,s tirring constantly, until thermometer reaches 300° degrees and syrup is brown.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and baking soda.
- Pour half the candy on each cookie sheet; quickly spread to about 1/4 inch thick.
- When cooled, break into pieces.