Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found the recipe at Simply Recipes. You can serve this over pasta, rice or even thicken a little more and make a sub-sandwich (messy but good).
- 1 tablespoon butter (more if needed)
- 6 standard sized hot dogs, sliced into 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch slices (1-2 per person)
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chpped fresh parsley
- Melt butter in a large skillet (cast iron works well for this purpose) on medium high heat. Add the chopped onions and sliced hot dogs. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions and the hot dogs are nicely browned, 5-10 minutes.
- Add the sour cream and water, stir until creamy. Heat until steamy.
- Top with parsley and serve over rice, noodles or on a sub.