Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
From Alynce Wyman in N.Dakota. Her recipe was a winner in TOH's family favorites.
- 2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 3⁄4 cup lemonade concentrate
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 medium firm bananas, cut into slices
- 1 1⁄2 cups watermelon, chunks
- 1 1⁄2 cups green grapes
- 1 1⁄2 cups quartered strawberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed peaches
- 2 kiwi, peeled, quartered and sliced
- In a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in orange and lemonade concentrates. In a large bowl, combine the fruit. Add juice and mix well.
- Place about 1/2 cup fruit mixture in a 5-oz disposable cups. Top each with four kiwi pieces. Cover. Freeze until firm.
- Cups may be frozen up to 1 month. Remove from freezer about 1 3/4 hours before serving.
Mmm! So delicious and refreshing! I made this as written, except using red grapes instead of green and canned peaches instead of fresh. I also ended up with a little less strawberry and a little more melon. I had enough to fill about 18-20 little 1/2 cup containers (I lost count). I made these last night and stuck them in our freezer. I forgot to take one out again this morning, so I popped it into the microwave for about 30 seconds on 50% power. It's still partially frozen, kind of a slushy fruit mix. Very refreshing in the summer heat! The syrup was a little on the sweet side, so I might try using less sugar next time. But I'm sure I'll make this again! Thanks so much for sharing, gailanng! Made for PRMR tag game.