Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from "Heart of the Palms," a Floridian cookbook. Prep time does not account for several hours of chilling time. You may also make the dressing a day early, but the chicken salad should be made the day it will be served.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 cups cooked chicken breasts, diced in large chunks
- 1 (14 ounce) can hearts of palm, drained,sliced into rounds
- 12 lettuce leaves or 12 mixed salad greens (choose fancy looking ones)
- 4 vine ripened tomatoes, cut into 6 wedges each
- 24 pitted black olives (any type you prefer)
blue cheese dressing
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (light is fine)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (light is fine)
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2⁄3 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- Mix together the cooked bacon, chicken chunks, and hearts of palm round in a large bowl.
- Mix together the mayo, sour cream, milk, lemon juice, and salt in a blender for about 30 seconds.
- Add blue cheese to the dressing and pulse just a few seconds- so there are still some chunks.
- Toss with chicken mixture, cover and chill several hours.
- Set lettuce leaves onto 6 serving plates (about 2 large leaves a plate- or whatever you need to cover the plate attractively).
- Place a mound of the chicken mixture on top of the lettuce.
- Set tomato wedges around the chicken mound in a spiral pattern.
- Garnish with black olives.