Great side dish for 4, or meal for 2.
Make and share this Fancy Fish Sticks recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon creole mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup lager style beer
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons creamy mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 2⁄3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1 lb halibut, cod or 1 lb pollack fish fillet, cut into 4x1 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 lime wedges
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Cover and chill.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray, and spread evenly with oil, and heat in oven for 12 minutes.
- In a shallow dish combine flour and black pepper.
- In another shallow dish, combine 1/2 cup beer, mustard blend, lime juice, egg whites, and egg, and stir until foamy.
- Place panko, pumpkinseeds, cumin, and chipotle pepper in a food processor, and pulse 20 timesor until coarse crumbs form.
- Place panko mixture into a shallow dish.
- Sprinkle fish evenly with salt.
- Working one piece at a time, dredge fishin flour mixture, then dip in egg mixture and dredge in panko mixture until completely covered.
- Remove preheated bsking sheet from oven, place fish on pan, and return to oven, Bake 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork, turning once.
- Serve with sauce and lime wedges.