1/2 Photos of Fancy Fish Sticks
weekend cooker's Note:
Great side dish for 4, or meal for 2.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon creole mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup lager style beer
- 1 1/2 tablespoons creamy mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1 lb halibut, cod or 1 lb pollack fish fillet, cut into 4x1 inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 lime wedges
- 1Combine the first 5 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- 2Cover and chill.
- 3Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 4Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray, and spread evenly with oil, and heat in oven for 12 minutes.
- 5In a shallow dish combine flour and black pepper.
- 6In another shallow dish, combine 1/2 cup beer, mustard blend, lime juice, egg whites, and egg, and stir until foamy.
- 7Place panko, pumpkinseeds, cumin, and chipotle pepper in a food processor, and pulse 20 timesor until coarse crumbs form.
- 8Place panko mixture into a shallow dish.
- 9Sprinkle fish evenly with salt.
- 10Working one piece at a time, dredge fishin flour mixture, then dip in egg mixture and dredge in panko mixture until completely covered.
- 11Remove preheated bsking sheet from oven, place fish on pan, and return to oven, Bake 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork, turning once.
- 12Serve with sauce and lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Taste/Mood Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Taste/Mood Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fancy Fish Sticks
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.5
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 103.5 mg
- Sodium 520.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 33.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: