Dressed up fish cakes for a change from the ordinary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb russet potato, peeled,cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 ounces orange roughy fillets
- 1/4 lb bay shrimp, chopped
- 3 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs (from French bread)
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- lemon wedge, for garnish
- 1Steam potatoes until tender, about 10 minutes.
- 2Transfer potatoes to large bowl and mash.
- 3Steam fish until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- 4Transfer fish to plate; cool 5 minutes.
- 5Flake fish and add to potatoes.
- 6Mix in shrimp, smoked salmon, green onions, dill and lemon peel.
- 7Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 8Using about 1/3 cupful at a time, shape fish mixture into 12 balls; flatten into 1/2-inch-thick cakes.
- 9Coat each cake with breadcrumbs, pressing to adhere.
- 10Heat 3 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- 11Working in batches, sauté fish cakes until brown and heated through, adding more oil as needed, about 3 minutes per side.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fancy Fish Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 546.1
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.1 mg
- Sodium 655.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 26.9 g