Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Dressed up fish cakes for a change from the ordinary.
- 1 lb russet potato, peeled,cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 ounces orange roughy fillets
- 1⁄4 lb bay shrimp, chopped
- 3 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs (from French bread)
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- lemon wedge, for garnish
- Steam potatoes until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer potatoes to large bowl and mash.
- Steam fish until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer fish to plate; cool 5 minutes.
- Flake fish and add to potatoes.
- Mix in shrimp, smoked salmon, green onions, dill and lemon peel.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Using about 1/3 cupful at a time, shape fish mixture into 12 balls; flatten into 1/2-inch-thick cakes.
- Coat each cake with breadcrumbs, pressing to adhere.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Working in batches, sauté fish cakes until brown and heated through, adding more oil as needed, about 3 minutes per side.
Brilliant. We had to use smoked cod instead of orange roughy.