Recipe by Raqstar
A wonderful new version of an old classic. After trying many chili recipies I have finally came up with the perfect "Fancy Chili". Tender cuts of beef with beans in a delicious sauce that is very flavorful and not too spicy. I like to serve it with tortilla chips and corn bread.
Top Review by Chris N.
I made this using heaping teaspoons of the chili seasoning, and thickened it just a little at the end with some corn starch in hot water. Easy and very Delicious. Thanks for sharing!
chili seasoning mix
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lb filet mignon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili beans, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the six ingredients of the chili seasoning in a plasctic bag. Set aside.
- Brown filet mignon in a large pot, add 3 teaspoons of the seasoning mix to coat. Add the ground turkey and cook until no longer pink. Add onion, cook 3 more minutes. Add tomatoes and 3 more teaspoons of the seasoning mix. Add one can of chili beans. In a food processor add the other can of beans and process until smooth, then add to the chili. Cook on low for about 45 minutes.