1/2 Photos of Fancy Fettuccini- Balsam Mountain Inn
Realtor by day, Chef by night's Note:
I found this luscious pasta dish in the paper several years ago. It was from Chef Noell Teasley of the Balsam Moutain Inn in Balsam, NC. It was very, very popular with the readers. I serve this along side of grilled chicken with a big crusty loaf of Italian bread. My family loves it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta (why does this thing change the spelling of ingredients? I did not put an e on the end of fettuccini!)
- 1 (14 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts (I substitute a medium onion, diced because we don't like artichokes)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup knorr leek soup, dip and recipe mix (1/2 package)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Boil water and cook the pasta according to package directions. DO NOT ever add oil to the water! It will make your sauce slide off the pasta later.
- 2Meanwhile, coarsely chop the artichoke hearts and set aside. Melt butter in 3qt saucepan over medium heat. Sprinkle in the flour and wisk until smooth, cook about 2 minutes, wisking the whole time. Add artichokes (or onions) and mushrooms and cook, stirring until tender, about 2 minutes. Add leek soup mix, basil and dill, stir well.
- 3Add milk and cheeses and stir until melted. Reduce heat to it's lowest setting and simmer, stirring frequently while fettuccini finishes cooking.
- 4Drain fettuccini, place some on each plate and top with sauce. Pass the grated parmesan at the table.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fancy Fettuccini- Balsam Mountain Inn
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.2
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 89.2 mg
- Sodium 425.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 21.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: