Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
One of my favorite recipes from my mom. Everyone loves it, and its soooo quick and easy, and made from ingredients that we usually have on hand. Great to impress last-minute company.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 lb sliced mushrooms
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken with herbs soup (I try to use the low fat)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine (or chicken broth)
- 2 cups herb-seasoned stuffing cubes (not Stove-Top)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place the chicken in a 9x13 pan sprayed with"Pam".
- Top each piece of chicken with a slice of cheese.
- Arrange the sliced mushrooms over the cheese.
- Mix the soup and the wine together, and pour over the top.
- Sprinkle the stuffing over the top.
- Melt the margarine and drizzle over the top.
- Bake for approx 40 minutes or until chickenis baked through.
OH YUM!!! So easy, and so wonderful! I was kicking myself for not putting my chicken in my crockpot yesterday AM for my dinner guests. Then I found this, and am so happy I did! It was into the oven in under 5 minutes, and smelled wonderful by the time they arrived! Tasted even better!!!! They thought I slaved... dont tell. Thanks so much!
This recipe gave us a chicken that was tender and juicy, with a great layer of stuffing on top. It also provided a touch of the elegance of the Swiss cheese and chardonnay wine combining together with the chicken. When I served the dish some of the stuffing fell off the chicken and into the wine sauce, I let it soak up some of the liquid and then put it on our plates and it was even more delicious. The prep time on this dish is minimal and the whole family wants this recipe added to the list of quick options on a regular basis.
I have to say that this was quite good. I'm not a fan of using condensed cream soups in my recipes because the taste if very distinctive. But, mixed with wine seemed to balance out the flavor. I couldn't find cream of chicken with herbs, so I used cream of chicken and added a couple of shaked of Herbes de Provence. I had to bake the chicken for a good hour. I covered the casserole for the first 30 minutes, and uncovered for the remaining 30 minutes. My whole family enjoyed the dish.