Recipe by yooper
A great make ahead egg dish for a weekend brunch or special breakfast! I've even made this for dinner! Taken from Taste of Home Country Cooking
- 1 cup diced Canadian bacon
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 (3 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 2 1⁄2 cups soft breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, sauté bacon and onion in butter until tender, but not brown.
- Add eggs and scramble until set.
- Remove from heat; set aside.
- To prepare cheese sauce, melt butter; blend in flour, salt and pepper.
- Add milk, gradually.
- Cook and stir until bubbly.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- Fold cooked eggs and mushrooms into cheese sauce.
- Place in a 12x7-inch baking dish.
- Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over egg mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight until 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 30 minutes.