Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Super fancy for a nice sit down meal.
- 1 lb carrot, peel and slice
- 2 bunches green onions (bulbs only)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 4 ounces white wine
- 5 ounces sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (to garnish)
- Melt butter and sauté carrot slices and onion bulbs for 5 minutes.
- Stir in sugar, spices and wine.
- Cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- When done and ready to serve, top with sour cream and sprinkle with parsley.
This was a very good side to our grilled chicken dinner. The "bulb" of green onion is just the white part, right? Anyway, I will mince them finer next time. I used 1 tbsp of butter and used Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. Very delicious, Thank you!