Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
These popcorn balls have lots of different treats included and are a big hit with the kids.
- 1 (3 ounce) baglight butter microwave popcorn
- 2 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups small pretzels
- 3⁄4 cup candy covered plain chocolate candies
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- Cut 24X12 inch sheet of waxed paper; place on work surface. Pop popcorn as directed on bag. Pour popcorn into at least 8-quart bowl; remove any unpopped kernels. Stir in cereal, pretzels and chocolate pieces.
- In 1-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and corn syrup. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute. Pour brown sugar mixture evenly over popcorn mixture, stirring to coat well.
- Spray hands with cooking spray. With sprayed hands, quickly and firmly shape generous 1 cup popcorn mixture into ball. Place on waxed paper. Repeat with remaining mixture to make about 9 more balls. Cool 10 minutes. Wrap each popcorn ball in plastic wrap.