Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very easy, yet elegant breakfast dish. I like to serve with English muffins and fresh fruit salad. Please note: this is an adopted recipe and I hope to make it soonest. If you make it before I do, I would appreciate feedback, Thanks ! ZWT REGION: France.
- softened butter or vegetable oil cooking spray, for ramekins
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped parsley, plus extra for garnish
- 2 teaspoons minced onions
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tomatoes, diced, for garnish
- Place an oven rack in the middle position and preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter or spray 6 (4-ounce) ramekins.
- In medium bowl, whisk eggs until slightly thickened. Add parsley, onion, pepper, salt and half-and-half. Whisk until combined.
- Place prepared ramekins in a baking pan about 2 inches deep lined with a dish towel. Ladle egg mixture into ramekins.
- Place baking pan on oven rack and carefully add enough hot water to come halfway up sides of ramekins.
- Cover ramekins with a sheet of foil and bake 30 minutes, or until set and a knife inserted near the edge of one custard comes out clean.
- Carefully remove ramekins from water bath with a dish towel.
- Serve omelets in ramekins, or remove and place on individual plates. Serve at once, garnished with diced tomato and parsley.
I made this for our Valentines Day breakfast. The omelet was moist and flavorful. It couldn't be easier to prepare. Thanks kiwidutch. Bullwinkle