Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A lovely side dish for a dinner party. Your guests will love them!
- 1 lb baby Brussels sprout
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup green seedless grape
- 2 tablespoons white wine, like sauterne
- 2 tablespoons blanched slivered almonds
- Cook brussels sprouts in boiling, salted water until tender, about 8 minutes; drain well.
- Heat butter in lg skillet.
- Add brussels sprouts and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add grapes, wine and almonds; heat through.
If the truth be known I don't like Brussel Sprouts I eat them because they are good for you!!! However, this recipe, makes them more than tolerable. I love the green grapes - I was lucky and found some lovely large elongated grapes and they looke so lovely with the slivered golden almonds. Everyone enjoyed this recipe and I will make it again Thanks for another winner Inez! 20 July 09 Made again this time I omitted the butter and still very tasty.
Contrary to Bergy I love Brussels Sprouts. I toasted the almond flakes first and it added a nice toasty flavour. I used regular (as opposed to small) Sprouts and just cooked it a bit longer. Excellent vegetable side dish.