Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
An oldie from Southern Living.
- 3 English muffins
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 6 -8 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 eggs, beaten with small amount of milk (I use 2T.)
- salt and pepper
- 6 slices Canadian bacon
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Lightly butter and toast English muffin halves.
- Saute in butter, the onions, green peppers and mushrooms until softened.
- Add the beaten eggs and scramble.
- Place muffin halves on cookie sheet.
- Top each muffin half with a slice of Canadian bacon.
- Mound some of the egg mixture on the bacon and then place a tablespoon of mushroom soup on top.
- Add grated cheese on top of the soup and heat under the broiler until the cheese is melted.
This was good! Didnt have english muffins, used toast and used ham rather than canadian bacon. Thanks!
My DH thoroughly enjoyed this he found it quite filling. Cheddar cheese soup would nice on this also. Instead of broiling it I nuked it for a minute. Thanks NurseDi!
My hubby & I just loved it.It was a good change for us from the usual breakfast.As my hubby is on a no carb diet i think this was a good breakfast to make him fel full.Tahnkyou.