This is my newest thing to do. I am in love with this meal and all its variations. There is no way to eat just 1, every time I serve this people eat 2 or more. It's so fun to tell your company you're serving bacon cheeseburgers, and then put this down on their plates. Same taste different look!...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) package breadsticks, such as Pillsbury
- 6 hamburger patties, precooked, and cooled (use your favorite hamburger recipe here, whatever you like! 1 pound should be enough as the patty )
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups gouda cheese or 1 1/4 cups cheddar cheese
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Cook the bacon half way through, so it is still pliable.
- 3Unroll dough; separate into 6 (2-breadstick) portions. Seal seam halfway up length of each portion; place 1 strip of bacon of EACH breadstick.
- 4Place 1 hamburger patty in the center on top of the bacon.
- 5Holding dough and ball in one hand, stretch dough strips over balls, crisscrossing and tucking ends under opposite side; place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- 6Brush tops with egg wash and bake for 20 – 30 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
- 7While that bakes, make the cheese sauce.
- 8In a small heavy saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- 9Add the flour and cook for 1 minute, then whisk in the milk, cook until thicken, 2-3 minutes.
- 10Using a wooden spoon, stir in the cheese in a figure-eight motion until melted, about 2 minutes.
- 11Drizzle cheese on top of the breadstick burgers, and voila!
- 13Italian: Use meatballs inside, use a mozzarella cheese, and add a little marinara sauce.
- 14Mexican: Layer chicken breasts in Mexican seasonings, add sautéed bell peppers and onions, and top with a Mexican blend of cheeses.
- 15Chicken Cordon Blue: inside layer a sautéed chicken breast, slice of ham, thyme, and top with Swiss cheese gravy.
- 16Southern: Use a barbecued pulled pork or beef, and top with the cheddar gravy, serve with extra barbecue sauce on the side.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fancy Bacon Cheeseburgers
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1345.1
- Calories from Fat 763
- Total Fat 84.8 g
- Saturated Fat 30.2 g
- Cholesterol 243.2 mg
- Sodium 1534.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 55.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: