1/2 Photos of Fancy Ants on a Log
I think I'm going to alternatively name it "Gentlemen Ants On A Log". This is just yummy. I made it up for my sister's bug party--we're doing something a little more adult, and a little more fancy, so I updated the recipe for grown-ups (of course, it is still kid-friendly). I used a mixture of imitation honey and splenda--so yes, fiddle with the sweetness and honey flavor as you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Optional Step: Soak raisins in just enough rum to cover for at least one hour, or overnight. You can cook the rum first for a nonalcoholic version for kids. Drain before using.
- 2Cut the celery stalks into 2-3 inch logs.
- 3Cream together the cream cheese, peanut butter, and honey (the cream cheese and peanut butter can be eyeballed to equal parts; the honey is more to taste. When I'm done, it tastes almost like cheesecake).
- 4Spread the peanut butter mixture into the valleys of each log. Alternatively, fill a dessert decorator and pump the peanut butter mixture into the valley like frosting.
- 5Line up raisins along the center.
- 7I won't put up a different recipe for every nifty ants on a log idea I come up with, so here are a couple of ideas:.
- 8Spread nutella down the valley of the celery and garnish with raisins.
- 9Or, spread Honey Hazelnut Spread (The Anti-Nutella) over the valley of the celery and garnish with raisins.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fancy Ants on a Log
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 35.1
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 3.5 mg
- Sodium 20.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 1.2 g