I got this recipe from Las Casas restaurant in Temple, TX. They claim to be famous for these White Wings...I'd never heard of them til I moved to this area, but I will say the White Wings are outstanding!!
- Cut each chicken breast into 4 strips.
- Place a cheese cube and one slice of jalapeno on each chicken strip and roll up.
- Wrap one slice of bacon around each rolled up chicken slice, forming a ball; then wrap another slice of bacon the opposite way.
- Tuck the bacon into the chicken ball, using toothpicks to hold in place.
- Grill at medium heat for 20-30 minutes, rotating constantly to ensure the meats are cooked through.
- Cheese will start to ooze out and bacon will be crispy when done.
- NOTE: You can speed up the cooking process by blanching the chicken balls in a fryer first for about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with flour tortillas, salsa, sour cream, or pico de gallo.
I am from the area and last stopped as Las Casas when I bought my new car. WE LOVE THE WHITE WINGS! I usually make them when all of our family is getting together, last time I made 35 (yes, 35!) and they were gone in minutes. Crazy. These are extra yummy served with ranch, the buttermilk ranch mix from hidden valley is the best. Thanks so much for sharing!
This was so easy. The flavor was outstanding. I used a mesquite cips when I grilled them and they had fabulous flavor.
Also from Temple and love white wings!! Giving this a try right now . Can't wait to see if these are as awesome as they are at Las Casas!