Recipe by Bergy
The Walper Hotel in Kitchener Ontario was famous for their cusine. It received many culinary awards. It was rated one of the top ten eating places in Canada. One dish that it was famous for is this spinach salad
- 1 lb fresh spinach, washed,dried and stems removed
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1 pinch dry mustard
- salt, pepper & sugar to taste
- 6 slices bacon, cut in 1/2 inch squares
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the cream,vinegar, onion, mustard, salt pepper& sugar.
- Just add enough sugar to give the dressing a light sweet sour taste.
- Just before serving the salad chop the spinach into bit size pieces.
- Fry The bacon until crisp, drain off fat and put the bacon on a paper towel Pour the dressing over the spinach top with the bacob& serve immediately.