Chef #1485639's Note:
These sugar cookies are the most different, richest ones I have ever found. They have a killer amount of butter and oil, but worth the indulgence! You truly can "eat just one" of these babies!! For variety, I have added unsweetened cocoa or lemon extract, but the original recipe is still the best. It was given to me in 1986 by a lady attending a Tupperware party I was presenting!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Set aside 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup granulated sugar for later.
- 2Cream butter, oil, vanilla and sugars in a large mixer bowl with mixer at low speed.
- 3Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
- 4With mixer running on low, add dry ingredients slowly until well combined.
- 5Roll 1 teaspoonful of dough in a ball. Place on ungreased sheet 3" apart.
- 6Place water in a small bowl and the 1/2 sugar in another.
- 7Dip the bottom of a small glass in water, then sugar and flatten each cookie, allowing 2" between flattened cookies.
- 8Bake 8-10 minutes (13 minute if using a convection oven) until edges are golden. Cool on rack.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Famous Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.3
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 102.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 1.1 g