Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These sugar cookies are the most different, richest ones I have ever found. They have a killer amount of butter and oil, but worth the indulgence! You truly can "eat just one" of these babies!! For variety, I have added unsweetened cocoa or lemon extract, but the original recipe is still the best. It was given to me in 1986 by a lady attending a Tupperware party I was presenting!!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Set aside 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup granulated sugar for later.
- Cream butter, oil, vanilla and sugars in a large mixer bowl with mixer at low speed.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
- With mixer running on low, add dry ingredients slowly until well combined.
- Roll 1 teaspoonful of dough in a ball. Place on ungreased sheet 3" apart.
- Place water in a small bowl and the 1/2 sugar in another.
- Dip the bottom of a small glass in water, then sugar and flatten each cookie, allowing 2" between flattened cookies.
- Bake 8-10 minutes (13 minute if using a convection oven) until edges are golden. Cool on rack.