Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From "About.Com". Great for those who can't find American A-1 sauce. Did you know that Canadian A-1 is TOTALLY different from the American version even though the bottles look the same? I found this out while at a steak house in Toronto. The Canadian version is much sweeter and redder that the US version.
- Put all ingredients into a small pan and bring to a low simmer.
- Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Strain into a bowl by pouring through a fine mesh strainer, pushing raisins with the back of a spoon to release all juices.
- Allow to cool completely before seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. It tastes different when its hot.
- Enjoy with your favorite steak!