From "About.Com". Great for those who can't find American A-1 sauce. Did you know that Canadian A-1 is TOTALLY different from the American version even though the bottles look the same? I found this out while at a steak house in Toronto. The Canadian version is much sweeter and redder that the US version.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put all ingredients into a small pan and bring to a low simmer.
- 2Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- 3Strain into a bowl by pouring through a fine mesh strainer, pushing raisins with the back of a spoon to release all juices.
- 4Allow to cool completely before seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. It tastes different when its hot.
- 5Enjoy with your favorite steak!
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Famous Steak Sauce (Like A-1) Copycat / Clone
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 38.0
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 208.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 0.5 g