Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From "About.Com". Great for those who can't find American A-1 sauce. Did you know that Canadian A-1 is TOTALLY different from the American version even though the bottles look the same? I found this out while at a steak house in Toronto. The Canadian version is much sweeter and redder that the US version.
- Put all ingredients into a small pan and bring to a low simmer.
- Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Strain into a bowl by pouring through a fine mesh strainer, pushing raisins with the back of a spoon to release all juices.
- Allow to cool completely before seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. It tastes different when its hot.
- Enjoy with your favorite steak!
Fantastic! Exactly as I have learned to know steak sauce, not the ketchupy kind.
This made way more than 1 cup. The 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar and 1/4 cup of Dijon mustard were way too over powering. Sorry but I did not enjoy this.
All I can say about this is THANK YOU! I can't eat commercially prepared A-1 Sauce and therefore haven't made by A-1 Bacon Onion Burgers. Now I can make them again! Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup.