Recipe by nortocbaking101
This recipe was handed down in my family. These are the best classic chocolate chip cookies I have ever made. The best chocolate chips for this recipe are High quality milk chocolate. Or you can stay true to the recipe and use Smarties or M&Ms as well. These cookies can stay good for up to a week in an airtight container if they last that long!!!
Top Review by Mazza_75
I didn't actually get to taste any of these cookies as they were gone before I had a chance (hence loosing 1 star!). Exceptionally easy recipe - just put in what you think is right in terms of Smarties/Choc chips and you'll be fine...
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup Crisco
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 free-range egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup smarties candies (optional or just use 2 cups milk chocolate chips) or 1 cup M&M's plain chocolate candy (optional or just use 2 cups milk chocolate chips)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine in a separate bowl: Flour, baking soda and salt
- In a mixer beat butter and sugar together.
- When well creamed (until you can see no yellow bits) mix in egg and vanilla.
- Beat wet together.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients
- When well combined mix in the chocolate chips or smarties
- Let chill in fridge 30 mins minimum
- Make balls of dough using your hands. Place on a cookie sheet
- Bake 325 degrees fahrenheit for about 18-24 minutes depending on size of cookies formed.
- When done take out of oven and let sit on cookie sheet 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire cooling rack