1/3 Photos of Famous Smartie Cookies
This recipe was handed down in my family. These are the best classic chocolate chip cookies I have ever made. The best chocolate chips for this recipe are High quality milk chocolate. Or you can stay true to the recipe and use Smarties or M&Ms as well. These cookies can stay good for up to a week in an airtight container if they last that long!!!
My Private Note
big coo ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup Crisco
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 free-range egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup smarties candies (optional or just use 2 cups milk chocolate chips) or 1 cup M&M's plain chocolate candy (optional or just use 2 cups milk chocolate chips)
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit
- 2Combine in a separate bowl: Flour, baking soda and salt
- 3In a mixer beat butter and sugar together.
- 4When well creamed (until you can see no yellow bits) mix in egg and vanilla.
- 5Beat wet together.
- 6Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients
- 7When well combined mix in the chocolate chips or smarties
- 8Let chill in fridge 30 mins minimum
- 9Make balls of dough using your hands. Place on a cookie sheet
- 10Bake 325 degrees fahrenheit for about 18-24 minutes depending on size of cookies formed.
- 11When done take out of oven and let sit on cookie sheet 5 minutes.
- 12Transfer to a wire cooling rack
Browse Our Top Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Famous Smartie Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 650.2
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.9 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 82.9 mg
- Sodium 303.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 63.3 g
- Protein 7.0 g