1 hr 20 mins
This is a recipe from a bakery which was so popular but has now closed down
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 220degrees celsius.
- 2Boil water, butter, sugar and salt in a covered pot. Add in flour and cook 2 minutes, stirring.
- 3Transfer to a bowl and beat for a further 2 minutes.
- 4Beat eggs in one by one till each has incorporated well. Beat in egg white in the same manner.
- 5Place 1 tbsp of dough on a baking sheet, well spaced apart. Bake for 5 minutes.
- 6Reduce heat to 180 degrees celsius and bake for another 15mins.
- 7Remove, slit the puffs a little to let steam out and bake another 15 minutes Cool at a fan.
- 9Combine egg yolks, custard powder and sugar together with tbsp of the milk.
- 10In a pot, bring the rest of the milk to a simmer.Turn off heat.
- 11Pour milk in slowly to egg mix, whisking non stop. Return to heat and cook over low heat till thickened. Cool.
- 12Fill puffs with cooled custard.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Famous Red Bakery Custard Puffs
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 649.1
- Calories from Fat 350
- Total Fat 38.9 g
- Saturated Fat 21.9 g
- Cholesterol 440.3 mg
- Sodium 632.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 17.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: