Recipe by Rachel Marie
This recipe is actually on the label for Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin, but turns out great every time! It's perfect with a pie crust from scratch (check my recipes for it).
Top Review by Darla Emerson
Thanks for posting this recipe. This is the one my mother has made for as long as I can remember. I helped my 11 year old niece make it for Thanksgiving and Christmas and they both turned out perfect. Easy and always good.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can Libby's canned pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 deep dish pie shell (4 cup volume, from scratch is preferable)
Directions See How It's Made
- MIX sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- POUR into pie shell.
- BAKE in preheated 425F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350F bake 40-50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate.