Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is actually on the label for Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin, but turns out great every time! It's perfect with a pie crust from scratch (check my recipes for it).
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can Libby's canned pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 deep dish pie shell (4 cup volume, from scratch is preferable)
- MIX sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- POUR into pie shell.
- BAKE in preheated 425F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350F bake 40-50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Thanks for posting this recipe. This is the one my mother has made for as long as I can remember. I helped my 11 year old niece make it for Thanksgiving and Christmas and they both turned out perfect. Easy and always good.