Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
This was published on the label of Libby's whole pumpkin in a can. It's good and really easy.
- 2 9-inch deep dish pie crusts
- 4 eggs
- 1 (29 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- Prepare pie shells.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Beat eggs lightly in large bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients in order given.
- Pour into pie shells.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425F degrees.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Tester near center should come out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
As I was confidently following your recipe I noticed that I had accidently used sweetened condensed milk instead of evaporated, they were already in the oven and it was too late to fix, reluctantly I served them anyway .They turned out to be a HIT!!
This is THE Libby's pumpkin pie that my family enjoys every Thanksgiving! It's an outstanding recipe and simple enough even for beginner cooks. Hints: I halve the evaporated milk so as not to end up with more pie filling than my regular, not deep dish, pie pans can hold. And occasionally I substitute Splenda Brand Sweetener for half of the sugar, always with excellent results!