Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is the skeleton of the recipe; I always add more spice because we like it a little more spicy...
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 425.24 g can pumpkin puree
- 340.19 g can evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry (4-cup)
- whipped cream (optional)
- Mix sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves in small bowl.
- Beat eggs in large bowl.
- Stir pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture.
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake in preheated 425 oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
- Top with whipped cream before serving.