Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is the skeleton of the recipe; I always add more spice because we like it a little more spicy...
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry (4-cup)
- whipped cream (optional)
- Mix sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves in small bowl.
- Beat eggs in large bowl.
- Stir pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture.
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake in preheated 425 oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
- Top with whipped cream before serving.