Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Quick and easy pie. Very nice flavor. I prefer it with the added orange and lemon flavor, but it's excellent left just with the vanilla too! A very pleasant way to add the goodness of oats to your diet as well as have a rich tasting dessert :)
- 3 whole eggs
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup oatmeal, either Quick or Old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry
- 1 teaspoon orange extract (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract (optional)
- With electric mixer, combine eggs, sugars, vanilla, milk, and butter until blended.
- Stir in oats& pecans.
- Pour in shell.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until pie is set and lightly brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream and caramel ice cream topping if desired.
Made this with my 5-year-old grandson for the Holidays. It was soooo simple, he was able to do all the measuring and mixing. How proud he was to be able to present Mommy, Daddy and PawPaw with this delicious pie. We used soymilk and Walnuts (since we were out of pecans), and next time I would chop them. Otherwise, the recipe was unchanged.
Yum, Yummy, Yummier and Yummiest!!! This is the best way I can describe this pie. We served this for Thanksgiving and it was gobbled up. We loved this pie and will make again. We used whole 1/2 pecans (not chopped). I am not an oatmeal eater and was a little befuddled on the oatmeal, as to wheather Instant was what the recipe called for, but since it was all I could find, it is what I used and it turned out great!! We made homemead whipped cream for topping and it was delicious!Thanks for posting!!!!