Recipe by Steve P.
Quick and easy pie. Very nice flavor. I prefer it with the added orange and lemon flavor, but it's excellent left just with the vanilla too! A very pleasant way to add the goodness of oats to your diet as well as have a rich tasting dessert :)
Top Review by SherryKaraoke
Made this with my 5-year-old grandson for the Holidays. It was soooo simple, he was able to do all the measuring and mixing. How proud he was to be able to present Mommy, Daddy and PawPaw with this delicious pie. We used soymilk and Walnuts (since we were out of pecans), and next time I would chop them. Otherwise, the recipe was unchanged.
- 3 whole eggs
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup oatmeal, either Quick or Old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry
- 1 teaspoon orange extract (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- With electric mixer, combine eggs, sugars, vanilla, milk, and butter until blended.
- Stir in oats& pecans.
- Pour in shell.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until pie is set and lightly brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream and caramel ice cream topping if desired.