Oatmeal cookies are my BF's favorite, so I've tried LOTS of different recipes. This is the BEST one!!! I found it online somewhere--these are sort of crunchy, not cakey at all, and not overly sweet. YUM!
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together brown sugar, shortening, and granulated sugar; add water, eggs, and vanilla: beat well.
- Add combined oats, flour, salt, and baking soda: mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 11-13 minutes until edges are golden brown.
- Remove to wire rack; cool completely.
- Store tightly covered.