1/5 Photos of Famous Oatmeal Cookies
Oatmeal cookies are my BF's favorite, so I've tried LOTS of different recipes. This is the BEST one!!! I found it online somewhere--these are sort of crunchy, not cakey at all, and not overly sweet. YUM!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Cream together brown sugar, shortening, and granulated sugar; add water, eggs, and vanilla: beat well.
- 3Add combined oats, flour, salt, and baking soda: mix well.
- 4Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- 5Bake 11-13 minutes until edges are golden brown.
- 6Remove to wire rack; cool completely.
- 7Store tightly covered.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Famous Oatmeal Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (963 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 809.8
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 42.3 mg
- Sodium 159.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 114.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 63.2 g
- Protein 11.6 g