Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my mum's, so the BEST pie ever! It is fantastic served with ketchup and in my opinion is probably better cold. Great for picnics.
- leave the pastry out for 20 minutes at least to stop it from tearing when using.
- Cut the rinds of the bacon and chop bacon.
- Whisk eggs putting one yolk to the side.
- Whisk in the milk or cream.
- Chop onion.
- Lay one sheet of pastry in a casserole dish and make sure it comes just over the sides of the dish.
- Prick the base with a fork.
- Sprinkle the onion all over the base.
- Chop the parsley (one whole packet).
- Mix the parsley and bacon in with the egg mixture.
- Pour into the dish.
- Cover with other sheet of pastry and crimp together and cut of any excess pastry.
- Decorate the top if you want.
- Cook for 25 minutes and check its not burning.
- If so, place some tin foil over and place back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes until cooked.
Tried this last night and it went off brillently. Also had the left overs for lunch today and it was just as great. I recommend this recipe and have saved it to my cookbook online. lol/ Thanks P
I have been making this for years, I like to top mine with cheese. Delicious and fabulous. I
This was a good recipe I doubled it and made mini egg and bacon pies with some of the mixture the kids don't like a large pie but somehow mini ones are great. Can't see the difference but they ate them and thats all that matters.