Prep 20 mins
Cook 16 mins
These cookies taste somewhat like some other "Famous XXXX" cookies! This is my Aunt Rose's recipe so who the heck knows where she got it....she was pot-luck queen!
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package butterscotch pudding mix
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Stir together dry cake mix, dry pudding mix and flour.
- Using your hands, work in the mayonnaise till dough is smooth and a little stiff.
- Work in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Shape dough by rounded teaspoons into marshmallow shapes; place on cookie sheets.
- Bake on the center rack at 350° for 16 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Do not overbake.
I have a recipe that is identical except it uses 2 packages of Dream Whip instead of the pudding. Good to know I can replace the DW with pudding. Good cookies once they cool; can be greasy until then. My other recipe says cool on paper towels on cookie sheets to absorb the ghrease - maybe not as important with the pudding. I'll try this recipe, Jude, and let you know the difference.
These are absolutely wonderful cookies. Who would have ever thought mayonnaise would go in a cookie recipe. Wonderful. Thanks for this keeper.