Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
The sauce makes this meatloaf an instant favorite. The turkey breast and lean ground beef together make a firm, not crumbly, texture and save fat and calories. Great for sandwiches later as well.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup finely crushed saltine crackers
- 1 medium chopped onion
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup Heinz Chili Sauce
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- combine sauce ingredients in small saucepan and warm over low heat.
- set aside.
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- place meatloaf ingredients in large bowl and combine until uniform.
- add half of the sauce mixture to meat mixture.
- shape loaf and place in 9x5 pan.
- (make a slight indention in center of the loaf starting at about 2 inches in from each side of pan. this will allow the meatloaf to be a more even height when baking is complete.) bake for 40 minutes.
- remove from oven and pour remaining sauce over meatloaf.
- bake an additional 20 minutes.
This recipe fit what I needed to a T. I substituted Heinz 57 sauce and KC Masterpiece for the Heinz Chili sauce, but did everything else as directed. Thank you for a winner!
The recipe is a little too turkey taste for me .I feel it sauce is to sweet tasting.This recipe is great for low fat diet and low salt diet.