Recipe by Hadice
I have never seen a recipe for spinach dip quite like this. No mayo, no sour cream, just cream cheese with a kick! Requested for every event. Serve with a baguette cut into thin slices and lightly toasted. Found on an Olive Garden copycat website about 3 years ago.
- 1 cup plain artichoke heart
- 1⁄2 cup frozen spinach
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup roma tomato, diced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil frozen spinach and artichoke hearts in 1 cup of water for ten minutes.
- Drain in colander.
- Heat cream cheese in microwave until soft and creamy.
- Mash in spinach and artichokes and stir well.
- Add remaining ingredients and combine. No baking required!
- If desired, top with roma tomatoes but don't stir into dip.
- Serve HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT immediately with toast points, party bread or chips. DO NOT SERVE COLD OR IT WILL BE VERY YUCKY!