Recipe by Mary in LA.
HOMEMADE FUDGE MADE AT MARY'S KITCHEN
Top Review by Sydney Mike
VERY NICE FUDGE, & after making a handful of fudge recipes within the past 10 days or so, I must admit that much of this got send with my other half to share with co-workers, but not before I kept a number of fixes just for myself! I did include some pecans (toasted) & used the semisweet morsels! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my Famous theme in My-3-Chefs]
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk (5-fl.oz.can)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1⁄2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels (9oz.)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- line 8 inch square baking pan with foil.
- Combine sugar,evaporated milk,butter and salt in medium saucepan.
- Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in marshmallows,morsels,vanilla extract and nuts, if desired.
- Stir vigorously for 1 minute or until marshmallows are melted.
- Pour into prepared baking pan: refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Lift from pan: remove foil.
- Cut into pieces For MILK CHOCOLATE FUDGE: Substitute 1 3/4 cups (11. 5 oz pkg) milk chocolate morsels for semi-sweet morsels For BUTTERSCOTCH FUDGE: Substitute 1 2/3 cups (11 oz pkg) butterscotch-flavored morsels for semi-sweet morsels.
- For PEANUTTY CHOCOLATE FUDGE: Substitute 1 2/3 cups (11 oz pkg) peanut butter and milk chocolate morsels for semi-sweet morsels and 1/2 cup chopped peanuts for pecans or walnuts.