Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This seems almost too simple, doesn't it? It's one of those recipes where "the whole is greater than the sum of the parts". The key is that everything has to be FRESH... i.e. no bottled lemon juice or garlic powder substitutes. Brewed soy sauce (Kikkoman, NOT La Choy), real butter NOT margarine. Best with firm textured fish on the grill... swordfish, halibut, whatever is the best looking at the fishmonger.
for each pound of fish
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Combine first 3 marinade ingredients.
- Reserve 1/3 of the mixture and set aside.
- Marinate the fish in the remainder for about an hour, turning once.
- Heat the remainder of the marinade and melt the butter in it.
- Grill the fish until desired doneness, basting with the heated marinade.