Recipe by yooper
I haven't made this one yet, but it sounds very good! Prep time does not include 3 hour marinating time.
Top Review by Shari2
WOW!! What a great chicken recipe. My family devoured the whole chicken and asked that I make this again. The flavor combination is great. Very easy to make too. I'm going to try the seasonings on pork too since it makes more than enough. Thanks for sharing this recipe Mark.
- 1⁄2 cup kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup paprika
- 1⁄2 cup lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1 (6 lb) roasting chickens
- 2 (16 ounce) bottles Italian dressing
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup roast chicken seasoning (above)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ingredients for chicken seasoning.
- Store in a covered container.
- Place the chicken in a 2 gallon sealable plastic bag.
- Pour a mixture of the Italian dressing and lemon juice over chicken, turning to coat.
- Marinate in refrigerator for 3 hours, turning every 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from bag and drain.
- Season generously with 1/3 cup Roast Chicken Seasoning.
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Arrange chicken on a rack in a baking pan.
- Tent loosely with foil.
- Bake 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer registers 170 to 180F, removing the tent 20 minutes before the end of baking process.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before carving.