Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the Famous Dave's cookbook. This syrup is great over pancakes, waffles or crepes. I use strawberries, but you could use any combination of berries. I use Asti for the wine, but any type of champagne would work.
- 1 cup pureed strawberry
- 1 cup strawberry, halved
- 1 cup sparkling white champagne
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- In a saucepan, add the pureed berries, halved berries, champagne, lemon juice, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Add the sugar and honey, stir well.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
Made as indicated, this is A VERY NICE TASTING SYRUP (I especially enjoyed the addition of the cinnamon) that I served over over waffles! Also would make a very nice addition to any gift basket! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my Famous theme in My-3-Chefs]