Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
From the famous daves cookbook tastes like eating at famous daves
- 8 ounces thick hickory smoked bacon
- 1 beef strip steak
- 1 teaspoon famous daves steak seasoning
- 8 ounces smoked link sausage
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno
- 2 (28 ounce) cansbush's baked beans
- 1 (20 ounce) bottlefamous daves barbecue sauce
- fry bacon in a skillet until crisp.drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of the drippings. cruumble bacon sprinkle steak with seasoning. grill over high heat until medium. cut into 1/2 inch cubes. grill sausage until nicely done. slice the sausage length wise into halves then slice into quarters then cut quarters into cubes. saute onions green pepper and jalapeno in reserved bacon drippings in a skillet until tender. stir in bacon steak sausage beans and bbq sauce. simmer over low heat for 30 minutes stirring occasinally. the flavor is enhanced if stored covered in the refrigerator for 8 to 10 hours and reheated just before serving.
The tastiest baked beans, ever! More meat than bean, here. I did not have all 20 oz BBQ sauce, but was plenty anyway.
This recipe is just amazing. I make it for every big gathering and it constantly gets rave reviews! The leftovers are even better. I usually make it at least 1-2 days in advance to get all of the spices to come to life. If you're trying to cut back on cost, skip the steak and go with hamburger. Not quite the same, but still yummy!!