Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the famous daves cookbook tastes like eating at famous daves
Make and share this Famous Dave's Baked Wilbur Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces thick hickory smoked bacon
- 1 beef strip steak
- 1 teaspoon famous daves steak seasoning
- 8 ounces smoked link sausage
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno
- 2 (28 ounce) cansbush's baked beans
- 1 (20 ounce) bottlefamous daves barbecue sauce
- fry bacon in a skillet until crisp.drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of the drippings. cruumble bacon sprinkle steak with seasoning. grill over high heat until medium. cut into 1/2 inch cubes. grill sausage until nicely done. slice the sausage length wise into halves then slice into quarters then cut quarters into cubes. saute onions green pepper and jalapeno in reserved bacon drippings in a skillet until tender. stir in bacon steak sausage beans and bbq sauce. simmer over low heat for 30 minutes stirring occasinally. the flavor is enhanced if stored covered in the refrigerator for 8 to 10 hours and reheated just before serving.
The tastiest baked beans, ever! More meat than bean, here. I did not have all 20 oz BBQ sauce, but was plenty anyway.