Recipe by betty crocker boi
this recipe came from craig campbell, my husband. When browning the butter, you can leave it on low at the beginning of all the steps. so you can be doing the other steps, while thats on the stove. though pie is kinda sticks to the pan, its the best pecan pie ever!
- 1 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pie crust
- 1 cup pecan pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- PRESET OVEN TO 350 DEGREES.
- Brown the butter, leave on medium while doing the next followings.
- Beat eggs, add the vanilla, and then the lemon juice, in a medium bowl, and set aside.
- Mix BROWNED butter into egg mixture, then mix in the pecans.
- Mix corn syrup and sugar in a large bowl, mix into the egg mixture.
- Then mix this mixture into the corn syrup/sugar mixture.
- Mix, Mix, Mix until mixture is thoroughly mixed, with a spatula as you're mixing you should feel no sugar stuck to the bowl.
- Pour into prepared pie pan, place into preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Carefully, and slowly remove the pie from oven.
- Let cool for 3-5 hours.
- enjoy with some vanilla ice cream!