Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe makes a huge batch which is good for holidays or get togethers. I have always used the toll house recipe in the past, but now I use this one. They are really yummy and freeze well.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup Crisco
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips
- Cream together the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Beat well then add 1 large bag of chocolate chips. More chips can be added if necessary.
- Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.
- DO NOT OVERBAKE!