Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Whenever there is a family gathering I must bring this, or they won't let me in! It makes a great meal if you add chicken or shrimp.
- 1 egg
- 4-6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 177.44 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml Miracle Whip
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese
- 0.26-0.52 ml Tabasco sauce
- 14.79-29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 28.39-59.14 ml red wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml lemon juice (or to taste)
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 236.59 ml crouton
- 6 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 59.14 ml fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Put egg and garlic into bowl, whisk together for 5 minutes or until very airy.
- Slowly add oil, continuing to whisk.
- Add ingredients in the order listed whisking well in between each.
- Taste at the end and adjust any ingredients until desired flavor is reached.
- Chill until ready to use. The longer you leave in the fridge the stronger the flavor will be.
- Cut or rip washed lettuce into bite size pieces and put into large salad bowl.
- Add croutons, bacon, and Parmesan.
- Slowly pour dressing over salad while mixing, it is easiest if you get someone to help you with this part.(In my house this is my DH job!).
- Serve as a side dish or the main course.